If you are not going to eat the pierogies within three days of receiving them, we recommend that you freeze them.
To Freeze Pierogies:
1) Remove the pierogies from the bag/container.
2) Arrange the pierogies on a cookie sheet so that they do not touch.
3) Put the cookie sheet in the freezer.
4) When the pierogies are frozen solid, put them in a freezer bag and store them in freezer.
Frozen pierogies may be partially defrosted before heating.
Our pierogies are cooked al dente - just heat and enjoy!
To Heat Pierogies:
1) Boil: Place 1 dozen pierogies in a pot of rapidly boiling, salted water. (Six quarts for refrigerated pierogies, eight quarts for frozen pierogies).
When the pierogies rise to the surface, flat side up, they are done.
Drain and serve with sautéed onions or sour cream.
2) Pan Fry: Sauté pierogies in butter, margarine, or olive oil until heated through (about 10 minutes).
If you like, you can brown them on each side.
Serve them with your favorite topping (butter & onion sauce, sour cream, salsa, marinara, or cheese).
3) Bake: Preheat the oven to 325oF.
Sauté onions in butter.
Place the pierogies in a baking dish and ladle onions and butter over them.
Cover and put them in the oven for 30 - 45 minutes, depending on the number of pierogies.
4) Deep Fry: Place pierogies in the hot deep fryer for 2 - 4 minutes or until desired crispness is reached.
Drain and serve with your favorite dip or topping.
To Heat Dessert Pierogies:
Boil, or pan fry in butter, and serve with toppings such as caramel, chocolate, shipped cream, ice cream, fruit, chocolate shavings, sea salt, etc.