To Freeze Pierogies:
- Remove them from the bag/container.
- Arrange them on a cookie sheet so they do not touch.
- Put the cookie sheet in the freezer.
- When the pierogies are frozen solid, put them in a freezer bag and store them in the freezer.
To Heat Pierogies:
Frozen pierogies may be partially defrosted before heating.
- Boil: Place 1 dozen pierogies in a pot of rapidly boiling, salted water (6 quarts for refrigerated pierogies, 8 quarts for frozen pierogies). When they rise to the surface, flat side up, they are done. Drain and serve with sauteed onions or sour cream.
- Pan Fry: Sauté pierogies in butter, margarine, or olive oil until heated through-about 10 minutes. If you like, you can brown them on each side. Serve them with your favorite topping (butter/onion sauce, sour cream, salsa, marinara or cheese).
- Bake: Preheat oven to 325°F. Sauté onions in butter. Place pierogies in a baking dish and ladle onions and butter over them. Cover and put in the oven for 30 – 45 minutes, depending on the number of pierogies.
- Deep Fry: Place pierogies in a hot, deep fryer for 2 – 4 minutes or until desired crispness is reached. Drain and serve with your favorite dip or topping.
Note: Dessert pierogies can be heated in any of the above ways. They can be served with melted butter, cinnamon sugar, caramel syrup, whipped cream, ice cream, chocolate shavings, etc.
To Heat Haluski or Stuffed Cabbage:
- Microwave: Put in a microwave container, cover with a vented lid, heat to desired temperature.
- Stove top: Heat in a skillet to desired temperature.
- Oven: Preheat oven to 325°F. Heat in a covered baking dish to desired temperature.
To Heat Herky’s Crab Cakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F, place desired number of thawed cakes on a tray and heat for 20 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
- To Microwave, heat on high for approximately 1 – 2 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
Taken from Herky’s Deluxe Deviled Crab Cakes Label.